A favorite recipe of Grandma Larsens. For an extra banana-y flavor I like to use the quantities in parenthesizes. The best thing about this recipe is its simplicity. It makes it incredibly versatile if you want to add nuts or other things.
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Shortening
- 2/3 (3/4) cup Sugar
- 3 (4) Bananas (the browner the better)
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 3/4 (2) cup Flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Grease loaf pan with shortening.
- Pour mixed ingredients into greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes.
- Be the best grandma in town.