Tell Betty you dont need her Hamburger Helper and make this flavorful recipe that Ive adapted from Cooktop Cove.
- 2lb stew meat
- 1lb sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 tbsp beef stock base
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- Feel free to prep and freeze the stew meat, mushrooms, onion, apple juice, beef stock, and spices ahead of time.
- Mix flour with 1 cup of water being sure that there arent any lumps.
- Add flour slurry to ingredients, and crock-pot on low for 8 hours.
- Stir in 1 cup of sour cream.
- Serve with egg noodles or rice.