After a lot of trial and error this simple, 6 ingredient recipe seems to be the best.
- 1 can condensed beef broth
- 1 can condensed mushroom soup
- 2-3 pound chuck roast
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6-4 russet potatoes, pealed, chopped into 1″ cubes
- 1 pound carrots, pealed and chopped into 1-2″ long pieces
- Mix soups, cover bottom of crock pot with soup mix, add roast, cover roast with remaining soup.
- Layer onion, potatoes and carrots on top of roast.
- Cook on low until meat is tender; 6-10 hours.