Beef and Broccoli
Beef and broccoli just as good as at your local Chinese place. This recipe is based on a recipe I found at dinneratthezoo.com. I simplified it and adapted it to my families tastes.
- 1 1/2 pounds of flank steak sliced thin. (If your grocery store has presliced stir-fry meat that will work as well.)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 broccoli crowns cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- Season steak with salt, pepper and ginger. Brown meat in large skillet. 2-3 minutes on each side depending on thickness of meat. Add garlic after first flip.
- Steam Broccoli
- In a small bowl mix hoisin sauce, beef broth, sugar, sesame oil, soy sauce and cornstarch.
- Add mix to meat and heat on low until sauce starts to thicken.
- Mix in steamed broccoli.
- Serve with rice.
Fortune Cookie Says – You will soon eat your beef and broccoli better than everyone else – Lucky numbers: 64 because 64 is the only lucky number you need.